April 2020 Board Meeting Minutes
GLENWOOD GREEN TOWNHOMES
Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, April 21, 2020 – 6:30 pm
I. General Session was called to Order at approximately 6:30 pm/Establish Quorum.
II. In attendance: Board Members Lyn Deardorff, Michelle Dixon, Jason Sokloski, Blake Breese & Victor Leslie. From CMA – Will Stanley.
III. Previous Meeting Minutes Approved
IV. Public Comments: Questions and comments from homeowners who participated in the web conference were received via instant messaging and addressed as received.
V. Committee Reports
A. Architectural Committee (Board Liaison – Michelle Dixon)
• The Committee has submitted their recommendations to the Board for paint colors and paint schemes and the Board has approved their recommendations. Still in discussion with the Committee are additional options for front door color, front entry lighting fixture, replacement front doors and garage doors, upper and lower deck ceiling color. Those pre-approved options would be at the homeowner’s expense. They would also not be performed by the contractor selected for the upcoming paint project.
• The HOA has engaged the services of G&M Engineering as the consultant and project manager for the paint project. The site survey has been performed and a bid package is being developed for Board review.
• A homeowner submitted a request during the web conference for final paint selections to be made available for the community to view. A paint sample board will be created and displayed in the clubhouse.
B. Landscape Committee (Board Liaison – Lyn Deardorff)
• Earlier reduction in frequency of landscape maintenance services has been returned to normal schedule due to gravity of pet waste station maintenance.
• Irrigation repairs have been completed.
• Seasonal color scheduled to be installed April 23rd.
• Drainage along paths is being addressed.
• The Board has approved the installation of timbers and gravel installation at the Beltline entrance.
C. Social Committee (Board Liaison – Blake Breese)
• Nothing to report. All social gatherings have been placed on hold due to COVID-19.
D. Clubhouse Committee (Board Liaison – Victor Leslie)
• The pool, clubroom and gym are closed due to COVID-19. The pool has not been inspected and there is no update on the future of pool inspections. Gyms have been approved to re-open in Georgia; however, the gym will remain closed while the Board is reviewing the requirements for re-opening.
E. Ad Hoc Committees:
• Community Outreach (Board Liaison – Victor Leslie) – SAND and NPU are now hosting virtual meetings. Current discussions have been surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Schedules and instructions for participating in these web-based meetings are on their websites.
• Beltline (Board Liaison – Jason Sokloski) – Nothing new to report.
• Sustainability Committee (Board Liaison – Lyn Deardorff) – Community Composting is off to a successful start. Monitoring usage for the probability of increasing the service.
VI. March 2020 Financials – HOA dues collections are status quo. Water conservation efforts appear to be going well with many residents working from home, as there was a positive variance in water utility.
VII. New Business
A. Property wide gutter cleaning was completed.
B. Various gutter, soffit and trim repairs were performed. A significant number of soffit repairs were required, so this will need to be addressed by G&M as they prepare our bid package.
C. Miscellaneous trim, siding and railing repairs were performed.
D. Repairs were made to the callbox, pedestrian gate lock, and exit gate brackets.
E. “No Parking” stenciling at the end of the driveway of Unit 1703 is complete.
F. Graffiti was removed from the irrigation back-flow box.
G. Tree pruning was performed along the fence line by buildings 200 and 300.
H. An open top dumpster has been made available for residents to dispose of large items not accepted in the community compactor.
I. Pricing was obtained and reviewed to replace the grill at the pool. The Board agreed to review additional options.
VIII. Old Business
A. Paint project – discussed during Architectural Committee review.
B. Pool opening – discussed during Clubhouse Committee review.
C. Comcast service. The Board agreed to terminate the Comcast account serving the Clubhouse. Google Fiber currently serves the Clubhouse.
IX. Executive Session
Next meeting: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 6:30 pm.
Recorded by Michelle Dixon, Secretary
Glenwood Green HOA Board of Directors