Minutes August 2019 HOA Board Meeting
Glenwood Green Townhomes
Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
I. Call to Order/Establish Quorum at approximately 6:30pm
II. In attendance: Board Members Keith Covert, Lyn Deardorff, Michelle Dixon, Blake Breese and Victor Leslie.
III. Previous Meeting Minutes Approved
IV. Committee Reports
A. Architectural Committee (Board Liaison – Michelle Dixon)
• Onsite meeting between Baldplates and Board members will take place on Friday, September 6 to review logistics of Phase I of the roofing project, which will begin September 16. Notices will go out to the community.
• Tree trimming to be performed September 3 & 4 by Boutte to remove limbs encroaching on roofs scheduled for Phase I re-roofing. Notices will go out to affected residents.
• Stephanie Allen, with Cooper Carry Architects, will be asked to revise her proposal for exterior paint consulting and design services to reflect schematic design only.
B. Landscape Committee (Board Liaison – Lyn Deardorff) – Committee is focusing on long-term plan for maturing trees as well as ideas for landscaping around the pool, as well as a review of the proposed Fall landscaping proposal for the community. Large ceramic pot currently located near the poolside grill will be relocated to the sitting area by the front pedestrian gate and replanted with an appropriate bush or small tree.
C. Social Committee (Board Liaison – Blake Breese)
• Community yard sale was successful.
• Having the open top waste container available was a welcomed benefit and we will look to schedule this annually.
• The Committee submitted a formal request for $3,250 to be considered for 2020 for community events and social gatherings.
• Good turn-out for Movie Night. Considering extending the closing of the pool and hosting a poolside tailgate party with college football, food and beverages.
• The Committee is investigating an “Adopt a Block” volunteer clean-up opportunity.
D. Clubhouse Committee (Board Liaison – Victor Leslie)
• Victor will send out final options for rocking chairs for the Clubhouse Porch to the Board for approval.
• A draft Revised rules and regulations for the Club Room was presented and the decision was made to move forward with a trial period for opening the Club Room for community use September through December. Victor and Keith will prepare a final document to be sent to residents early September.
E. Ad Hoc Committees:
• Community Outreach – NPU meeting on August 28 will cover local transportation initiatives.
• Safety and Security – Committee is discussing future improvements for the entry gates as well as controls on key fobs and access cards as Units change ownership.
• Beltline – The Southwest section beyond Glenwood Avenue has officially been made public. Beltline Authority has requested a temporary easement from Glenwood Green for a portion of property just outside of the western fencing. Awaiting a detailed documentation. There will be a Glenwood Green Community Beltline Forum meeting next Thursday, September 5th.
V. Manager’s Report – Manager’s Report was deferred to September’s meeting.
VI. Old Business
A. Visitor Parking – Discussion on best practices in communicating parking guidelines and with addressing violations.
B. The plan for bring goats to Glenwood Green to clean up the detention pond continues to be a strong possibility. The cost is +/- $1,000, which is in line with the cost for a vendor to perform the same service.
VII. New Business
A. A laminating machine will be purchased in order to produce temporary signage at a low cost. Keith has agreed to make this purchase along with pertinent supplies.
Recorded by Michelle Dixon, Secretary Glenwood Green HOA Board of Directors