Minutes- June 2020 Board of Directors Meeting
GLENWOOD GREEN TOWNHOMES
Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, June 16, 2020
I. General Session was called to Order at approximate 6:35pm/Establish Quorum.
II. In attendance: Board Members Lyn Deardorff, Michelle Dixon, Blake Breese & Victor Leslie. Absent from the meeting:
Jason Sokloski. In attendance from CMA – Will Stanley.
III. Previous Meeting Minutes Approved
IV. Public Comments: Questions and comments from homeowners who participated in the web conference were
received via instant messaging and addressed as received.
V. Committee Reports
A. Architectural Committee (Board Liaison – Michelle Dixon)
- The four bids received for the paint project were reviewed by the Board. The Board awarded the
contract to Baldpates, the contractor who performed last year’s roofing project. The project will begin on or
around July 6th and will continue into the month of November.
- Questions from homeowners:
a) What should homeowners be doing now to prepare for the paint project? Homeowners
should take inventory of items on their porches and in their back yards and be ready to remove and
store them in a safe location to avoid damage. They should also be prepared for days that access to
their garage and driveway will be compromised. Schedules and instructions will be disbursed in
b) Will new lighting fixtures, door hardware, etc., be included in the project? The Architectural
Committee has submitted recommendations to the Board for a variety of pre-selected upgrades to
include exterior light fixtures, door hardware, front entry door paint color, porch ceiling paint color,
garage doors and front doors. These upgrades/alternative to existing would be at the sole expense of
the homeowner and not included in the upcoming paint project. The Board is reviewing these
c) When will homeowners learn more about the application of the color scheme? The project
schedule will be developed in such a way that each color option to be applied at the beginning of the
project to allow all residents to see a sample of the end result.
B. Landscape Committee (Board Liaison – Lyn Deardorff)
- No updates. The Committee is still gathering information for the community garden.
- A question came from a resident regarding the progress of tree replacement between Glenwood
Green and 915 Glenwood Apartment Community. The Board remains in communication with the developer
and landscaping repairs and replacement is still pending.
C. Social Committee (Board Liaison – Blake Breese)
- The Food Trucks continue to be successful.
D. Clubhouse Committee (Board Liaison – Victor Leslie)
- A survey for clubhouse usage was made available to residents and 47 responses were received. A
summary report is being developed and results will be shared once completed.
E. Ad Hoc Committees:
- Community Outreach (Board Liaison – Victor Leslie) – SAND continues to be a good resource for
details on the pending road construction on Bill Kennedy, which is scheduled to begin June 17 and
continue over the next 6 months.
- NPU has been communicating information regarding the reconfiguration of the Glenwood / Moreland
intersection. Start date has not been determined.
F. Beltline (Board Liaison – Jason Sokloski) – Steps were installed along the path from the gate to the beltline.
Railings are forthcoming.
G. Sustainability Committee (Board Liaison – Lyn Deardorff) – Will resume activities at a later date/time.
VI. May 2020 Financials – HOA dues collections continue to trend positively with few collection issues. No significant
revenue or expense variances to report.
VII. New Business
A. Removal of tree stumps along the SW fencing was delayed until 6/17. The stump from a tree that fell
during weekly storms will also be removed at that time.
B. A quote for $255 was received to remove a distressed Italian Cypress tree in front of Unit 2806. No
decision made at this time to proceed.
C. Clearing of the detention pond was completed.
D. Re-painting of Visitor Parking spaces near the Dog Park was completed.
E. Front and Back Gate entry codes were changed and resident notifications sent. As a reminder: Gate
Codes are for Residents ONLY and NOT to be shared with visitors or guests.
VIII. Reopening of Pool and Gym
Blake Breese introduced a detailed written plan for reopening the pool and gym, using published guidelines from the
CDC as well as the Georgia Governor’s guidelines. There was an open discussion that included the residents who participated in
the web meeting. Many questions and concerns were openly addressed and vetted. Taking into consideration the desires of
the community as a whole, the Board voted to proceed with the reopening of both amenities under the following terms and
- Signage will be posted with recommended risk and liability language as well as usage protocol.
- The Pool and Gym will be limited to RESIDENTS ONLY. NO GUESTS ALLOWED AT THIS TIME.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed in strategic locations.
- Clubhouse restrooms will be closed and the clubroom will remain closed.
- A maximum occupancy of 20 people will be implemented for the pool.
- Pool seating will be removed and spaced according to recommended guidelines.
- Disinfectant and paper towels will be available for residents to wipe down chairs.
- Gym usage will be limited to a maximum occupancy of 3 people at a time.
- Disinfectant and paper towels will be available for residents to wipe down equipment.
- Any resident who desires access to pool and/or gym will be required to sign a waiver of liability. Access cards
will be activated to provide entry to the pool and gym once signed waivers are received by CMA.
- The Board reserves the right to close the pool and/or gym in the event usage guidelines are not being followed.
Recorded by Michelle Dixon, Secretary
Glenwood Green HOA Board of Directors