September 2019 Board of Directors Minutes
Glenwood Green Townhomes
Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, September 23, 2019
I. Executive Session took place prior to the General Session.
II. General Session was called to Order/Establish Quorum at approximately 7:20pm
III. In attendance: Board Members Keith Covert, Lyn Deardorff, Michelle Dixon, Blake Breese and Victor Leslie.
IV. Previous Meeting Minutes Approved
V. Committee Reports
A. Architectural Committee (Board Liaison – Michelle Dixon)
• Phase I of the Roofing Project began on Tuesday, September 17th and is scheduled for completion Friday, September 27th.
• A revised proposal from Stephanie Allen, with Cooper Carry Architects, for exterior paint design services was approved and signed by the Board.
B. Landscape Committee (Board Liaison – Lyn Deardorff)
• Detention Pond – Red Wagon Goats provided services of their 30+ goats to clear out the over-growth. The community enjoyed the fellowship of neighbors that resulted in having the animals at the property.
• The Board reviewed and approved a proposal from Davis Landscaping ($2,100) to map the irrigation system throughout the property.
• The Board reviewed and approved the Fall landscaping proposal ($18,884) from David Landscaping.
C. Social Committee (Board Liaison – Blake Breese)
• There will be a community Halloween Party, Saturday, October 26th that will include costumes and pumpkin carving. The event was to be held in the visitor parking area outside of the Clubhouse; however, may be moved inside to the Club Room pending decisions surrounding the roof project.
• The Glenwood Green Book Club meets every 4th Tuesday in the Club Room. All are welcome.
• The Committee presented details of an “Adopt a Block” volunteer clean-up program and will be sending out information on how to participate.
• The Committee presented a proposal for a Doggie Swim event where residents could bring their dogs to the pool and swim with their pet. The Board voted against this event due to community pool restrictions as well as potential code violations.
D. Clubhouse Committee (Board Liaison – Victor Leslie)
• The Club Room is available to residents for daily use as of September 1st. This open use of the Club Room has been implemented on a trial basis. The room is not available if it is being reserved for an event or large gathering.
• Rocking chairs have been purchased for the front porch of the Clubhouse.
E. Ad Hoc Committees:
• Community Outreach – NPU meeting on September 25th will continue to cover local transportation initiatives. There will be a meeting September 26th on the Beltline initiatives and the Reynoldstown Redevelopment. SAND will meet September 26th at Ormwood Church.
• Beltline – The Board is reviewing an Easement Agreement from Atlanta Beltline, Inc.
VI. Manager’s Report
A. Phase II tree clearance for roofing project has been requested from Boutte.
B. Property-wide light pole maintenance has been requested. Georgia Power maintains these lights.
C. The annual fire hydrant inspection will be performed in October.
D. CMA is coordinating cleaning and maintenance of the trash compactor and dumpster area.
VII. Old Business
A. Visitor Parking – Discussions continue on best practices in addressing visitor parking violations.
VIII. New Business
A. The 2019 Annual Meeting was set for December 3rd.
Recorded by Michelle Dixon, Secretary
Glenwood Green HOA Board of Directors